Friday, December 2, 2011

YogaDay3: Kicked My Patooty

Don't know if it was the extra glass of wine at The Continental Club or the rain or the pistachios I ate before class. But twentysomething Carley and her plank-loving instruction kinda hurt today.


Gray day in Austin.

It felt like home as I turned off the windshield wipers only to have the pouring rain quickly blur my view of the studio. I pranced down the sidewalk with my hood on and snapped a quick photo before announcing my entry with a gush of moist air and a jingle bell on the door. I was early today, so maybe I would sneak in a nap. I love being the first one in the room. Get my pick of mat territory and plenty of time for corpse pose. Immediately comforted by the tropical climate, I laid out my mat, spread my body into the shape of a star and dozed until Carley started the music.

She warmed us up and filled class with lots of chair poses, core building, and plank. Plank is when you hold yourself in the up position of a push up. No time for the mind to wander as we were either moving on to the next pose or holding one so difficult, you could only focus on the pain. I felt queasy a couple times and HAD to release a few poses before time was up, for fear my quad would explode. I dripped from my wrists, down my shins and in my hair. Next time I'll be ready for Carley- I dare her to get a drop off the end of my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment